Hot Torsion with High-Speed Thermal Capacity
The Hot Torsion Mobile Conversion Unit (MCU) adds world-class hot torsion testing capability to the Gleeble 3500 and 3800 Systems.
Capable of applying torque up to 100 Nm (50 Nm standard configuration), Hot Torsion Systems from Dynamic Systems are the first commercially available torsion systems to incorporate direct resistance heating.
- Rapid, uniform direct resistance heating of samples
- Heating of test specimens at any time during torsion
- Rapid in-situ quenching of the test specimen at any point in the test (DR heating only)
- Use air, water or mist for quench media
- Apply controlled tension axially during torsion
- Torsion tests can be conducted with full axial restraint or no axial restraint
- High-speed hydraulic torque motor for rapid strain rate changes
- Variable torsion coupler for higher acceleration speeds
- Free coupler minimizes strain error during specimen loading
- Optional specimen furnace available
Key Performance Specifications:
- Tests may be performed in vacuum (10-2 torr), inert gas or air (Atmosphere tank is included, vacuum pumps are optional)
- Temperature is controlled by a thermocouple attached to the fixed end of the specimen.
- Specimen size:
- Gage length diameter: 6 mm to 10 mm diameter
- Gage length: 6mm to 50 mm
- Longitudinal load cell with overload protection provides measurement of axial load on specimen
- Torque cell with overload protection provides accurate torque measurements during test.
- Axial load control provides combined stress states such as tension – shear and compression – shear.
- A torsion free coupler minimizes acceleration times.
- Optional quench systems can be used as in-situ quenching to accelerate cooling or to freeze microstructures of the specimen.
- The Gleeble Control and Data Acquisition System is used to control the test and acquire test results. All software is Windows based. Variables include:
- Temperature program
- Actual specimen temperature (multiple channels)
- Axial force on specimen
For ordering information, please contact us at
email@example.com or +1 (518) 283-5350.